30.6.11

Fettuccine Alfredo #1

tumblr_lij7jhggeZ1qip4n7o1_500

One of the many recipes I have been exposed to for homemade Alfredo sauce. They all have the basics with some slight variation to them. So you can decide which is your favorite!

Ingredients:

  • 1 Package of Fettuccine
  • 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2 Cup of Butter
  • 2/3 Cup of Light Cream or Sour Cream (I’m pretty sure I used the sour cream cause that’s what we had on hand)

Directions:

  1. Cook pasta according to package direction.
  2. Melt butter in microwave.
  3. With a whisk, add Parmesan cheese and light cream. Whisk together very well.
  4. Pour sauce over hot pasta and toss to coat well.
  5. Serve with addition Parmesan cheese. (Variation: Add a tablespoon or two of pesto before pouring over pasta.)

If I’m feeling like my little family is slacking on some good vitamins {which they always are I’m sure}, I like to add chicken, broccoli or mushrooms to the mix.

YUM!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...