- Head of lettuce or Romaine lettuce
- Baby spinach
- Green onions
- Red onions-sliced very thin
- Feta cheese
Toss all ingredients together with Caesar dressing
My mother-in-law helped me with this. She seriously makes the best salads! It seems really simple and maybe everyone knew that you could put all this stuff, but my salads were always really boring. So thank you Mom Robinson for telling me your tricks!
Oh-So-Good Corn Bread Stuffing
I found this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens when I was trying to decide my menu. I’m not a big stuffing girl but this was awesome!
- 2 cups chopped, peeled, raw sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- In a large skillet cook sweet potatoes, onion, and celery in hot margarine or butter for 5 to 7 minutes or until just tender.
- Spoon mixture into a large mixing bowl. Stir in cilantro and ginger. Add cornbread and walnuts; toss gently to coat. Add enough chicken broth to moisten.
- Use to stuff one 8- to 10-pound bird (didn’t do) or place stuffing in a 1-1/2 to 2 quart casserole.
- Bake casserole, covered, in a 375 degree F. oven about 45 minutes or until heated through. Makes about 6 cups stuffing
Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare stuffing; cover and chill up to 24 hours. Do not use to stuff bird. Bake in casserole as directed.