2.2.10

Baked Chicken Parmesan

So I’ve always been afraid of breading chicken. I don’t know why. It just always seemed really technical and fancy and I thought I would totally butcher it not to mention mock cooks everywhere who can bread chicken with ease.

But I did it!! And it was good. And I can’t wait to try it again.

I felt so fancy. And Adam seemed very impressed.

I conquered my fears. Thank you Robinson Family Cookbook.

Baked Chicken Parmesan

DSC03867

4-6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts

1 Package of Ritz Crackers, crushed fine

3 Tablespoons of Parmesan Cheese

1 Tablespoon of Garlic Salt

1 Square of Butter, melted

Sour Cream

Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Mix cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic salt. Coat chicken well with sour cream (use pastry brush) {or spatula}. Dip in cracker mixture. Lay in shallow baking pan. Drizzle butter over all chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

{my two cents:} I was surprised when I saw Ritz crackers on there. I never would have thought. But loved it! I haven’t tried bread crumbs [because of the aforementioned fear] so I don’t know how to compare it with crackers. But it seemed really good to me.

The other part that surprised me was that you coat it in sour cream first instead of egg yolk which I have seen before. But I really liked it! We love sour cream in this house and it really seemed to give it a good flavor.

We heated up some Ragu sauce and served it on top. Since I never made it before, I didn’t really know what to serve it with. So i just made corn [a staple]. We decided that next time it would probably taste really good served on top of some pasta shells or something.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Ritz cracker chicken is one of my favorites! We've never used sour cream, though. I'll definitely have to look into that...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...