2.2.10

Baked Chicken Breasts and Potato Stuff

[Warning: I forgot to take pictures. I kept saying, “Shoot I didn’t take a picture” then Adam would say, “Take a picture of the dishes.” Then I forgot again and by that time it was just too late…]

{Potato Stuff is also known as  Funeral Potatoes}

I made this Sunday night for Adam’s cousin and his fiancée. Adam was nervous that I would try something new when we have guests. But it actually turned out really good! if I do say so myself….

Baked Chicken Breasts

8 Chicken Breasts (bones and skinned)

8 Slices of Bacon

1 Pint of Sour Cream

1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup

Put chicken breasts into baking dish and place bacon slices on top. Mix sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Spread on top of chicken and bacon. Bake at 275 degrees for 3 hours uncovered. (The sour cream is optional and you can cook it faster at 350 degrees.)

{my two cents:} We loved it. So good. We especially loved the bacon. As Jim Gaffigan put it, “You wanna know how good bacon is? To improve other foods they WRAP IT IN BACON!” It’s true.

We also only used 4 chicken breasts since it was only four of us. But we still used a whole can of Cream of Chicken soup. Which was too much. We forgot to ration it out. But it wasn’t a big deal. Just gave it more sauce.

Also, we cooked it 350 degrees. It cuts like an hour or so off the cooking time. Convenient.

Potato Stuff {or Funeral Potatoes}

15 Large Potatoes, boiled and grated (Or 1 large packaged of frozen hash browns)

1 Cube Melted Margarine

2 Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup

1 Large Carton of Sour Cream

Lots of Grated Cheese {we used about a pound I think….?}

Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl but put aside some extra cheese. Spread mixture in baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Note: You can also top with bread crumbs or corn flakes. {I am not a fan of that method…} Makes 2 large pans.

{my two cents:} Well I added some of my thoughts throughout but here’s some more. I only used 8-10 potatoes and that was plenty. It made one big pan. I’ve also tried this recipe before where you cube the potatoes instead of grating them and it was good. But I think grating the potatoes soaks up more of the flavor in the sauce where having cubes you would have extra sauce to dish out on top. If that makes sense….

Also, as you can tell, I didn’t measure out the cheese and the recipe didn’t have a measurement. But we like lots of cheese so we used a lot. You can use your best judgment. We are all about calories so our judgment was was based on the love of fattening things. We are okay with our decision.

Enjoy!

 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...